Lomonosov Moscow State University (1982) Speciality: Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics - Faculty of Mathematics.
Degree Candidate of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, 01.01.01. - "Mathematical Analysis. Academic title - assistant professor (Economy), job position - professor
Experience and Awards:
• Awarded "The best lecturer of the Kazakh National University" diploma, 2008
• Holder of "The best lecturer of the university" grant of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 2009
• Corresponding Member of the Eurasian International Economic Academy, 2009
• Scholar of "Bolashak" International Presidential Program, 2010
• Head of the "Kazakhstan-Germany" international project - managers' training in the field of Economics and Business (2005-2009)
• Coordinator of educational and innovative programs of TEMPUS IV project (2008-2012).
• Project management of grant financing of MES RK: 5447/GF4
• Guest lectures: Visiting professor: in a frame of delievering of academic module CENERAL MANAGEMENT in International Master program during Summer Semester in Graduate School of Management in Barselona ( August , 2013)
• Guest lectures in German language on «Risikomanagement im Finanzsektor» course (Zittau/Görlitz, Germany, October-December 2013).
• Guest lectures in English language through "Attraction of the foreign researchers" program (University of Niš, Faculty of Economics, Serbia), October 14-21, 2015.
• Russian Academy of Natural History Professor, awarded «PRIMUS INTER PARES-FIRST AMONG EQUALS" Order of the European scientific and industrial consortium and Wilhelm Leibniz medal, 2015.
• Winner of a grant to participate in the activities of "Horizon-2020" EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (IncoNet-CA project, co-financed by the European Commission), 2014
• Postdoctoral and master's students' supervisor: International Olympiad finalists of young people scientific works: "Innovative Eurasia", Eurasian Economic Forum, Ekaterinburg, 2015: Letters of thanks and finalist certificates;
• Certificate - Excellent oral presentation – ICASS 2014 4th International Conference on Applied Social Science, March 20-21, Singapore
• Rating: Entered the "Top 50". Included in the "Top 50" according to the Independent Agency for Accreditation and Rating of the Republic of Kazakhstan rating in 2015 (University academic staff rating of the Republic of Kazakhstan among the 55 participating universities).
Alzhanova N.Sh. is an author of over 300 scientific publications, 9 textbooks, including 2 textbooks in English, and 2 e-books; has 8 copyright certificates, 10 publications in international journals indexed in "Web of Science" and "Scopus" databases.
"Statistical Methods in Economics", "Project Analysis and Management", "Investment Planning", "Investment Calculation", "Risk Management in the Enterprise", "Models and Methods of Investment Risk Management", "Data Analysis and Modeling in the Economy", "Financial Mathematics", "Business Planning of the Innovative Projects".
Education and trainings:
- 9-19 October - 2013-February, 2012 UC Berkeley – IAB Bolashak. Program on Excellence in Innovative Business Education. Diploma of Doctor of Political Science.
- June, 2007 HR development seminar, Kazakh-Japan Center for Human Development, Almaty.
- November, 2003 Central Asian Fundraising Workshop, Almaty
- December, 2001 Social rehabilitation of drug dependent young people. Düsseldorf. Germany.
- April, 2002 East-West Institute’s leadership workshop, Turkey.
- July, 2002 Central Eurasia Leadership Alliance Conference, Turkey
- May, 2000 NGO survival: finding sources, from idea to implementation, project management”, Almaty
- November, 2000 Social partnership: authority, NGO and mass media. Almaty
- December, 1998 General Management Seminar, Budapest, Hungary.
- November, 1998 Fundraising Seminar. Counterpart Consortium, Almaty
- August, 1998 Strategic planning and fundraising training seminar, Bulgaria
- February, 1998 Conference on Development and Strategic Planning, Hungary.
- November, 1997 Karl Popper Debate Program, OSI, Budapest, Hungary.
- September, 1997 English for Academic Purposes for the Humanities, Almaty
- July, 1997 Higher education policy and institutional decision making. Central European University, Budapest, Hungary.
- May, 1993 ESL Teacher Institute, (through California State Department of Education.) Kazakhstan Language Training of Trainers. Almaty.
- 1987 - 1989 Post-graduate study. Kazakh State University. Candidate of historical science, 1990.
- 1974 - 1980 Kazakh State University. Department of History. Diploma in teaching History and Social Sciences
- 08.2010 - currently Almaty Management University. Professor of the Department of Social Science. NGO Expert Center. Director.
- 08.2008 - 08.2010 Kazakh-British Technical University. Department of Philosophy and Law. Associate professor.
- 01.2007 - 10.2007 Kazakh Economic University after Turar Ryskulov. Vice-rector for international relations.
- 12.1998 - 2007 Public Foundation “National Debate Center”. President.
- 09.1997 - 12.1998 Soros Foundation- Kazakhstan. National Program Coordinator.
- 09.1989 - 09.1997 Almaty State University. Department of Kazakh History. Associate Professor.
- 1980-1987 Kazakh State University. Department of History. Research assistant.
ACADEMIC/RESEARCH AWARDS, FELLOWSHIPS, GRANTS&HONOURS
- In 1994, was accepted as a Visiting Research Fellow by University of Indiana, USA. Fulbright scholarship;
- In 1996, Woodrow Wilson Center, Kennan Institute. Washington D.C., USA, Visiting Scholar ;
- In 2005 Terry Sanford Institute of Public Policy, Duke University, Fleishman Civil Society Fellow.
- In 2012, JFDP scholarship, Indiana University, USA.
- Medal to the RK Constitution’s 10-th year Anniversary.
- Honoring Certificate of the Ministry of Culture& Information of RK.
- Formation of the politics of social partnership in Kazakhstan, Almaty, 2012
- History of Kazakhstan: Ancient Times to the 13th century, textbook, Almaty, 2009.
- More than 30 articles devoted to inter-sectoral partnership, civil society, CSR issues.
- 2013 - present Member of the Governing Board of the “Wikibilim” Public Foundation.
- 2005 - present Member of the Duke alumni Association
- 2002 - present Member Central Eurasia Leadership Alliance(CELA)
- 2002 - 2006 Member of the Council of the Youth Congress of Kazakhstan
- 1996 - present Member of the Central Eurasian Studies Society (CESS)
- 2003 - 2007 President of Fulbright Association of Kazakhstan(FASK)
- 2003 - 2005 Member of the Board, International Debate Educational Association, (IDEA) Netherlands.
- International Conference “Partnership between Businesses and NGOs in Effective Social Problem-Solving”
- Project “Academic integrity” supported by USA embassy.
- Project “Guide to Scholars of the History and Culture of Central Asia” of Harvard Central Asia Forum. Under the leadership of John Schoeberlein-Engel.
- Participation in “Central Asia+ Information and Communication Technologies» project. A National Science Foundation. USA
- Tempus Academic exchange program.
- Erasmus Mundus project. 2007.
- Involving Fulbright scholars in teaching process.2007.
- International Economic Conference.2007.
- International Youth Forums in the partnership with “Khabar” TV Agency. 1999 - 2004.
- TV debates “City of the Future” - 2000-2004 in the partnership with “Khabar” TV Agency.
- TV debate “Azamat” – from 2002- till present at the “Khabar” channel.
- Public assistances of the Parliament of RK supported by USAID.
- “Connecting futures” supported by British Council.
- “Student decant” supported by USAID.
- Project “Public debates devoted to the educational reforms in RK”, supported by USAID and Ministry of education and science of RK.
- High school and university debate tournaments of different levels.