Dr. Assylbek Kozhakhmetov
President and Founder
Almaty Management University (AlmaU)
Phone number: (727) 313 30 59
Fax: (727) 302 21 21
Dr. Assylbek Kozhakhmetov is the founder of the first privately owned business university in Kazakhstan - AlmaU (previously known as International Business Academy, est. 1988).
Dr. Kozhakhmetov built his professional achievements in civic engagement and higher education in alignment with the UN initiatives, such as the SDGs, PRME and Academic Impact.
He promotes an open dialogue between interested parties and partners related to the challenges of social responsibility, sustainability and impact on the society.
A graduate of the S. Kirov Kazakh State University, Faculty of mechanics and applied mathematics (1990) and Kazakh Humanitarian Law University, Faculty of Jurisprudence (2010), Dr. Kozhakhmetov dedicated himself to the development of business and entrepreneurial education in Kazakhstan. That was considered as of a high risk and lack of understanding for the post-soviet society in the 1990s.
Following the concept of the life-long learning Dr. Kozhakhmetov has graduated the Higher School of Economics with Doctor of Business Administration degree (2011) and has passed the international research internship under the "Bolashak" Presidential scholarship programme at Haas School of Business at Berkeley University (2013).
Assylbek Kozhakhmetov is currently 1) the Vice President for Central Asia of the Central and East European Management Development Association (Slovenia); 2) Board member of The Principles for Responsible Management Education (New York); 3) Academic Fellow of the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (Nijkerk); 4) а member of the National Council of Public Trust under the President of Republic of Kazakhstan; 5) Research advisor, Project “University Management - 2020”, initiated by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan; 6) Member of the Kazakhstani Association of small and medium business «EL TIREGI» Association of Legal Entities; 7) Member of the Council of "Civil Alliance of Kazakhstan" Association of Legal Entities.
Over the past two years Dr. Kozhakhmetov has made over 20 public presentations, 10 publications in mass media and journals, with the purpose of promoting his ideas and initiatives. For continuous commitment to serving the society and academia, Dr. Kozhakhmetov has been recognized with multiple awards locally and internationally:
- "Torch of Birmingham" Award by the international organization "People to People
- International" (1997, USA)
- "Excellence in Education" Award by Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan (1998)
- “Independence of Kazakhstan” 20th Anniversary Medal by the President of of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2011)
- State Order “Kurmet” (in Kazakh: Honor) (2013, Kazakhstan)
- The I-degree and II-degree Orders «For Commitment» by the National Chamber of
- Entrepreneurs of the Republic of Kazakhstan "Atameken" (2013, 2014)
- CEEMAN Champions Award in "Institutional Management" (2014, Slovenia)
- Y. Altynsarin Medal by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2018)
- “Altyn Zhurek” National Public Award by the Public Charity fund “Baurzhan” (in Kazakh:
- Golden Heart) for the support of education (2018, Kazakhstan)
- “Zhomart Zhurek” Award by the Ministry of Information and Social Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan (in Kazakh: Generous Heart) (2019)
Phone number: +7 (727) 313 30 57
Rector of AlmaU.
Candidate of Economic Sciences, graduated from the Philosophy and Economics Faculty of the C.M.Kirov Kazakh State University, completed a scientific internship at Lomonosov Moscow State University in 2003. She is a Bolashak Programme Scholar (an internship at HAAS Business School, University of California, Berkeley, USA, 2013). Master of Business Administration (MBA) with specialisation in healthcare management.
She worked as a Senior Lecturer, Deputy Dean at Zhambyl Hydromelioration Construction Institute, Almaty University of Technology, Assistant Professor of the Department of World Economy at Al-Farabi Kazakh National University. Guest lecturer at the "Masters of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan", best lecturer of the 2005 programme.
At different times she worked as a member of the global advisory council of Solbridge Business School at Wusong University in South Korea, Chairman of the State Attestation Commission of Narkhoz University, Chairman of the State Attestation Commission of Al-Farabi Kazakh National University.
She is a member of the following organisations:
- AMBA/BGA International Advisory Council in the Asia-Pacific Region;
- working group of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan "Development and Implementation of Systemic Measures for Modernisation of Medical Organization Management in the Context of Healthcare Reform";
- working group of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan on development of standards for Master of Health Administration (MHA) and Master of Health Services Administration (MHSA);
- the international commission of AMBA (Association of MBA, UK) for accreditation of business schools of China, France and Russia, etc.
Laureate of the Association of Economists of Kazakhstan.
Vice-Rector for Corporate Development
Phone number: 8 (727) 313 30 50
Kozhakhmetov Ruslan is the holder of the Doctor of Business Administration degree of the joint program of the International Academy of Business and the Russian Academy of national Economy under the Government of the Russian Federation. He is also a graduate of the global Executive MBA program in business administration at London Business School, Columbia Business School, HKU Business School and Executive Education center at the University of California Berkeley.
He has 17 years of work experience in managerial positions in private companies and own business.
Author of articles on family business and education.
Phone number: 8 (727) 313 29 52
Master of Economic Sciences with a degree in Finance. PhD candidate.
Has 10 years of teaching experience.
She began her career at AlmaU as a trainee teacher at the Department of Finance in 2012. Over the years, she held the position of senior lecturer, head of "Finance, Accounting and Auditing" department, Advisor to the Vice-Rector for Academic Development, Dean of Graduate School of Management. "
Author, coach of training seminars on redesign of educational programs, innovative technologies, teaching methods organized by the Institute for Educational Development, Center for teaching excellence at AlmaU, IQAA, Satbayev University, ATU, etc.
The author of more than 20 scientific publications.
Vice-Rector on Science Issues
Phone number: +7 727 313 30 40 (ext. 596)
Vice-Rector for Global Partnerships
Phone number: 8 (727) 313-23-79
Aigerim Kaumenova has experience in overseas higher education, partnership building and internationalisation policy making.
Aigerim holds MA (University University of Aberdeen), MSc (University of Exeter) and DBA (Almaty Management University) degrees.
Her research interest is on social entrepreneurship and international education.
She serves the society by volunteering as a career mentor and consultant on overseas education opportunities for young people.
Aigerim holds an international award called the CEEMAN Champion Awards for promoting socially responsible management education.
Aigerim is the Board member of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry France-Kazakhstan and a founding member of the Eurasian Chapter of the UN PRME (Principles for Responsible Management Education).