Call for Apllications
Almaty Management University is a world-class entrepreneurial, socially responsible university. We are forming a new generation of leaders with entrepreneurial mindset and contributing to the development of the knowledge economy of dynamically developing societies. Our university is the first business university of the Republic of Kazakhstan and a pioneer of business education in the CIS. Every year AlmaU strives for new heights and this year entered the THE Impact Ranking taking 301+ place. Our MBA programs entered the TOP-200 in the QS World University Rankings: Global MBA Rankings 2020, TOP-20 in Asia, and recognized as number 1 in Central Asia. In past years, the University was recognized by IQAA as the leader of internationalization and the leader in promoting the university in the Internet space, and also took an honorable 3rd place among business schools in Central Asia according to Eduniversal.
Board of Trustees of Almaty Management University
issues a call for applications for the position of Rector and invites inspiring leaders with foresight, energy and a progressive mindset to apply.
- Determine the strategy, goals and objectives of the university;
- Supervise the educational, research, economic and financial activities of the university;
- Organize effective work of the Academic Council, Rectorate, educational, research and support departments of the university, oversee their activities;
- Expand and support international cooperation in the field of education and research
- Doctoral degree / PhD / DBA;
- Professional training in the fields of management, economics and business administration, personnel management, project management
- At least 7 years of experience in management positions;
- Strategic thinking and systematic approach;
- Ability to build effective teams;
- Proactivity and result-oriented;
- Competitive salary level;
- Health insurance;
- Comfortable working conditions;
- Service vehicles.
- Duration of the contract - 3 years;
Acceptance of documents from candidates until December 2, 2019.
Please send detailed CV and scan copies of documents confirming education and work experience to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stage 1 - Verification of the completeness of the submitted documents and compliance with the indicated requirements until December 10, 2019.
If candidate’s education and experience comply with the requirements, he/she will receive the strategy of AlmaU 2020-2025 and rector’s annual reports for the last 3 years.
Candidates submit by email their feedback on AlmaU strategy and their vision of the University Strategy until 2025 by January 10, 2020.
Stage 2 - Consideration of the university development strategy submitted by the candidate until January 20, 2020.
In case of the candidate’s vision of university strategy is approved the presented University Development Strategy, the candidate is invited for an interview.
Stage 3 - Interview with the Chair of the Board of Trustees Berdalina Zhanat Kolanovna and President of Almaty Management University Kozhakhmetov Asylbek Bazarbaevich until February 1, 2020.
The interviewing committee will select best three candidates and invite them to present their vision of the University Strategy on the Board of Trustees meeting.
Stage 4 – The members of the Board of Trustees assess the presentations of the candidates and select the best candidate.
The Board of Trustees approve the candidate for the position of Rector of Almaty Management University and candidate begins his/her work summer, 2020.