According to the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Migration" dated 22.07.2011 No. 477-IV, the law "On the Legal Status of Foreign Citizens in the Republic of Kazakhstan" dated June 19, 1995, No. 2337 as amended on 22.07.2011, every foreign citizen or stateless person at the entrance to the Republic of Kazakhstan must obtain and complete a migration card.
A foreign citizen in person - clearly, fills the migration card without corrections, in Russian. If the foreign national does not speak Russian, than it is allowed to fill in personal information using Latin alphabet in accordance with the data specified in the passport or other identity document. The migration card is completed for each foreign citizen, regardless of age.
In "The purpose of arriving in the Republic of Kazakhstan" must specify: study.
1. A foreign citizen may enter into the territory of Kazakhstan and complete study in AlmaU only on the basis of the educational visa. Educational Visa costs 0,5 MCI. The invitation of the International Office of AlmaU is issued in advance. Deadline for submission of the required documents to International Office of AlmaU - not later than 45 days prior to the expected date of entry to the country. The invitation is issued in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan in Almaty, the turnaround time for invitation - 5-15 days.
2. A foreign student must register in the Migration police Department within five days upon arrival in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
3. To extend the registration a foreign student must apply in International Office of AlmaU for 10 days prior to the registration expiration date (if the registration deadline is on September 1, student must apply August 20). Extending costs 30 МCI. Repatriants are exempt from visa extension.
4. Within 1 business day after the crossing of the border of the Republic of Kazakhstan foreign student is required to contact the International Office of AlmaU: Rozybakiyev street, 227, office 115, Almaty, tel.: +7 727 3133052(ex 503), +7 701 9961717 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
Korlan Zhanat, Head of Academic Mobility and Visa Support
and provide the following documents:
а) National passport (in the original);
b) Migration card with a note on crossing the border (original + copy);
c) Certificate of HIV Infection Test;
d) For the 1st year students, 2 photo, size 3x4cm;
e) A notarized statement with the consent of the owner of the dwelling for the head of Migration Police Department of the DIA in Almaty (for staying of a foreign student in the place belonging to said owner and to the migration registration at the address);
f) copy of the identity card of the owner of the dwelling;
g) copy of the Residential lease contract;
5. Before leaving for winter and summer holidays it is necessary for the international student from abroad to issue an entry/exit visa. Upon return in Almaty after the summer holidays student shall again undertake a migration registration procedure.
6. The foreign students shall promptly inform the staff of the International Development Department of AlmaU on all changes relating to the place of residence, contact information, change of status (obtaining a temporary residence permit, residence permit, citizenship of the RK).
7. Upon the exit of the Republic of Kazakhstan during the academic year for other reason, the student must International Development Department of AlmaU statement stating the reason for departure during study time and a resolution of the Dean.
The foreign students are not eligible to work in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan. According to the Administrative Offence Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the delayed application of a foreign citizen for migration registration is considered an administrative offence and may be punished with a fine (high fine or deportation).
If you lost your documents, please immediately inform International Development Department of AlmaU. We earnestly ask foreign students not to leave the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan during the academic year unless absolutely necessary.