Almaty Akimat representatives at AlmaU
On 29 April, Almaty Management University (AlmaU) hosted a delegation from the Almaty Akimat, headed by Deputy Akim Alisher Abdykadyrov.
The main purpose of the visit was to establish and strengthen cooperation between AlmaU and the city government, as well as to jointly seek ways to expand existing and new areas of cooperation and to implement projects in various areas.
The delegation consisted of:
- Alisher Abdykadyrov, Deputy Akim of Almaty;
- Yerkebulan Orazalin, Head of Entrepreneurship and Investment Department, Almaty;
- Sabina Amangeldi, Head of Tourism Department, Almaty;
- Bayan Konirbayev, Head of Digitalization Department, Almaty;
- Dastan Umirbayev, Economic Advisor to the Akim of Almaty;
- Andrey Shovkoplyas, Chairman of the Board, Almaty City Development Centre;
- Maksim Prudnikov, Deputy Chairman of the Board, Social-Entrepreneurial Corporation, Almaty;
- Didar Uzakov, Director, Turist Information Centre of Almaty, LLC;
- Asel Abilova, Director of SME Forum, LLC.
As part of the visit, AlmaU Vice Rector for Corporate Development Ruslan Kozhakhmetov guided the Akimat on a campus tour and talked about current projects at the university, such as the Qaynar Bulaq space and a neuromarketing lab. The UXiship project was also presented during the event, as the main project for Accelerating ICT students’ start-up development competence via interdisciplinary modular courses.
The President of AlmaU, Asylbek Kozhakhmetov, and the Rector, Gulnara Kurenkeyeva, welcomed the guests to the round table. In addition to a formal introduction to the leadership of AlmaU, the delegates were able to get acquainted with all the schools of the university.
A presentation was given on the University, the main activities, and the forthcoming work plans. During the meeting a proposal was made to cooperate with the Akimat in the following areas:
- Digital technologies and urbanism;
- Urban studies, Data Science lab, School of Digital Technology (SDT) Campus in industry, SDT as an institutional structure of Almaty UC;
- Entrepreneurship, innovation and creative industries;
- Creative economy hub, creation of the atlas of new creative occupations;
- Tourism and event management (Professional development, forums, research and creation of a tourism development strategy and targeted educational grants for Almaty);
- Almaty - centre for youth initiatives (Summer / Winter MetaCamp for Youth).
It is worth noting that the Akimat delegation is open to the implementation of ideas and initiatives of AlmaU. The main emphasis was placed on cooperation of the city authorities with the Digital Technology School and the Centre for Urbanism. As a result of the meeting, the parties decided to sign a memorandum of cooperation on programmes in various areas in the near future.